Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed, Outpatient Behavioral Health, SGH
Job ID: 99040 Date posted: October 29, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Outpatient Behavioral Health
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Marriage and Family Therapist - Licensed assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
This position will cover the following tracks/programs:
- Bridges (serious mental illness – schizophrenia diagnosis)
- Seniors (depression and anxiety)
- Mood (depression / bipolar)
- Dual (dual diagnosis)
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; including weekends as needed
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current unencumbered State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Three years’ experience in a behavioral health setting
- Experience in an outpatient mental health setting
- Acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”