Medical Administrative AssistantJob ID 84131 Date posted 11/02/2017
- Facility: SRS E.Grossmont Medical Plaza
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Physiatry
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem Variable Shift; Weekends as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year Medical Assistant in related clinical area
- Proficiency in medication administration
- Strong emphasis in customer service, computer and phone skills in an office setting
- Ability to communicate at a strong professional level written and verbally
- Strong clinical skills to provide care to patients under the direction of the nursing staff
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medical Administrative Assistant training from an approved program
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
This position will represent Sharp Rees-Stealy by providing patients with appointments, information, and other operational support services for the assigned department. Provides clinical nursing support to the patients by demonstrating technical expertise and competence, within the established scope of practice. Provide a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with our Mission and Goals.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Assistant, Administrative, Hospital Corpsman, Ambulatory Care, MA, San Diego Jobs, Medical Assistant Program jobs, Sharp Healthcare, San Diego, Career, Clinic Jobs, Clinic, San Diego MAA Jobs, MAA