Medical Staff CoordinatorJob ID 85992 Date posted 02/08/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Medical Staff Admin
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 5:30 PM
This position is located in La Mesa Mesa, San Diego County
FT, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer and word processing experience highly desirable, and must learn system in Medical Staff Services Department within 3 months from hire date.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
- Excellent command of language, specialized medical vocabulary and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational ability and ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Position requires high degree of confidentiality, Three years progressively responsible experience in a Medical Staff Services Department, preferably with working knowledge of credentialing processes.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred; some college preferred.
The Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) provides support services for Medical Staff clinical departments and committees as assigned. Provides technical support for other Medical Staff functions; e.g., special projects for the department manager, oversight and support for credentialing, etc. Attends and
provides support services to committee and department meetings as required.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed at interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Staff Coordinator