Nurse Practitioner-Neuro Services, Nursing Administration, SGHJob ID 84316 Date posted 11/11/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Category: Advanced Practice Nursing Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour Night shift, variable hours; every other weekend
Position has potential to transition to a 12-hour shift in the future
Required Skills and Qualifications
- MSN degree or related Health care degree
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- Current unencumbered California Nurse Practitioner (NP) certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Critical thinker with strong assessment, prioritization skills and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Specialty RN experience and knowledge in areas of neurological PCU, ED or Neuro ICU level of care strongly desired
- DEA Controlled Substance Registration
- Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS)
- One year of NP experience
This Nurse Practitioner (NP) position will assist inpatient physicians in managing the care of the Stroke Neuro patients at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. The NP will collaborate with medical team, hospitalists, and other health team members to ensure maintenance of Stroke Neuro patient care standards and continuity of care. The NP will perform inpatient extended role procedures as defined by Standardized Procedures to facilitate the timely and appropriate care process of the Stroke Neuro population. Responsibilities include collaboratively setting parameters and guidelines for continuum of care with the multidisciplinary team, educating patients and families regarding expected course for inpatient stay and participating in continuing education programs, and current literature reviews to maintain and upgrade skills and knowledge.
The Nurse Practitioner - Neuro Service is part of the Nursing Administration Department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include the following:
- Physical exertion such as long periods of standing
- Working at computer
- Working at bedside
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 84316, Stroke Neuro Nurse Practitioner Jobs, NP jobs, Stroke Neuro Vascular Nursing Jobs, PCU, ED, ICU, Critical Care, RN Jobs, Nurse Jobs, San Diego Nursing Jobs