Nursing Assistant - NASend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75688 Date posted 08/30/2016
Requisition ID: 75688
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Telemetry 3E
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
12-hour shift: 7pm to 7:30 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant training program or current enrollment in a RN nursing program with the completion of Nursing Fundamentals
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Able to work in a team setting, take direction and demonstrate proficiency in the technical duties of a Nursing Assistant
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year recent Acute Care Nursing Assistant experience
The Nursing Assistant - NA will perform patient care activities, treatments, and services. Adhere to aseptic technique and universal precautions. Consider the age, cultural, psychosocial and physical needs of patients when providing care. Prepare patient room/gurneys/chair prior to admission/visit. Orients patient/family to the facility/room. Ensures documentation and proper disposition of patient belongings/valuables. Assists with positioning, ambulation, transporting, transferring and/or discharging of patients. Answers patient call lights and/or responds to patient requests for assistance per department standard. Provides explanation to patient/family prior to administering care and answers questions.
3-East is a 36-bed unit that is specializing in Gastrointestinal and urinary patient population. We promote optimal patient care in a collaborative environment and provide an intermediate level of quality nursing care for a diverse patient population that includes ECG monitoring and assessment. Benefits include a self-scheduling model, trained preceptors, and 24/7 leadership on the unit.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant