Nursing Assistant - NASend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77066 Date posted 11/02/2016
Requisition ID: 77066
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Eight hour Night Shift
Variable shift start/stop times
Weekends as needed (call and/or work)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Proficient in the English language both oral and comprehension
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant or comparable course
- One year recent experience in a surgery setting and/or one year experience in an acute care hospital
- Previous housekeeping experience
The Nursing Assistant - NA will transport patients in safe and efficient manner, must function effectively in fast pace environment, good customer service skills, general and terminal cleaning.
The Surgery service at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has 12-OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open Heart and DaVinci Robotic Surgery. Its Total Joint Replacement program is nationally recognized. Join our highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department that performs 650-700 surgeries/month.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant, Surgery, Housekeeping, OR