- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Telemetry 3E
- Day Job
At Sharp, being a nurse means transforming the health care experience for your patients, for your colleagues and for yourself. In a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced clinical practices, we encourage you to follow your passions wherever they take you.
As a recognized leader in nursing excellence with Magnet® recognitions for high-quality, patient-centered care, we invite you to join us in providing health care the way it should be. We offer a wide variety of nursing positions — from RNs and clinical nurse leads to case managers and clinical nurse specialists.
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
We are Sharp
Our Mission and Values
At Sharp, our mission is to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. We aim to offer quality care and services that set community standards, exceed patients’ expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner.
We have a vision to transform the health care experience through a culture of caring, quality, safety, service, innovation and excellence. Our goal is to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
Our team members are the driving force behind our mission and vision. At Sharp, we’re focused on providing an environment that will meet the needs of both our patients and our employees. Our team members are encouraged to connect with their passions and recommit to the purpose of their work each day.
dental and more
Our flexible benefits include a choice of two HMO medical plans (both of which include vision), two PPO dental choices, flexible spending accounts, accident insurance, long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
holiday and sick leave
We offer one of the most generous plans among health care systems in San Diego, and new Sharp employees start with 25 days of paid time off in just the first year.
We focus on your overall well-being by giving you tools to improve both yourself and your life — mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally. Our focus is on balanced health and wellness to help you reach your health goals and enjoy life along the way.
At Sharp, we understand that personal problems occasionally arise and you may need to seek outside professional advice. We’re here to help. Our employee assistance program helps employees develop and maintain a lifestyle that supports good health and productivity.
We’re proud to offer two retirement plans to match your needs. The Sharp$aver 401(a) plan matches your after-tax contributions and the 403(b) plan offers a long-term savings plan for pre-tax and Roth contributions with available loan and withdrawal provisions.
and tuition reimbursement
We support and encourage the growth and development of our employees through educational courses for credit in institutions of higher learning, continuing education programs (conferences, workshops, seminars) and specialty certification examinations.
perks and other benefits
Our employees are eligible to participate in several group voluntary benefit plans — including group legal, college savings, critical illness insurance, group auto and home insurance and pet insurance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years recent clinical experience in relevant area (med/surg, telemetry acute care nursing)
- Two years recent related management or leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of professional nursing practice, including current trends and issues
- Knowledge of title 22 and Joint Commission standards and guidelines
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organization, management and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with entity and system projects, work teams and units
- Provide high quality customer service to all customers served
- Evidence of effective supervision and teaching
- Provides documented attendance in continuing education programs in area of clinical specialty and practice
- Ability to exhibit critical thinking, time management, and stress well in a high profile environment
- Must be flexible; demonstrate a dynamic, positive attitude and leadership style to effectively lead change
- Form relationships and partnerships with staff, physicians, patients, and leadership skills
- Provide high quality, empathetic care to every patient, every time
- Clinically competent, resourceful, and values upward professional development
- Ability to exhibit critical thinking, manage time and stress well in a high profile environment
- Capability to provide vision and inspire others
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
- National certification in Nursing Administration or applicable specialty
- Five years as a Registered Nurse in a Progressive Care and/or Telemetry environment.
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community