OR/Sterile Processing TechnicianSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76086 Date posted 11/09/2016
Requisition ID: 76086
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 11 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Night shift position - 11:00pm - 7:30am
Weekends as needed - On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year in an acute care hospital, sterile processing, or surgery department or completion of a program for sterile processing/central supply technician
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterile techniques, general hospital supplies and equipment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
Preferred skills and Qualifications
- Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician certification (CSPDT)
- Two year current experience in an Operating Room/Sterile Process Distribution setting
The Sterile Processing Distribution Technologist is responsible for decontamination, reprocessing, sterilization and storage of Operating Room instrumentation; sterilizer monitoring, maintenance and documentation; OR supply maintenance and case cart assembly.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 3 Sterile Processing Department (SPD) areas. A main SPD and a satellite SPD area located within the Main Operating Room and within the Grossmont Plaza Surgery Center. The satellite SPD areas perform many duties to include dirty decontamination, washing instruments, instrument tray assembly, pulling cases, etc. The Main SPD provides terminal sterilization of the instruments sets for the main Operating, GPSC, and the Women's Center OR's as well as procedural areas. This person will be responsible for approximately 25 employees. Total surgical cases between the 3 areas perform approximately 13,500 cases annually.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: OR/Sterile Processing Technician, Operating Room, Sterile Processing, Surgery, Supply, Surgical, Healthcare