Patient AttendantJob ID 84735 Date posted 12/07/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Admin Support Services
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in the Float Pool.
Hours: per diem; 7 pm - 7:30 am, with Every Other Weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant training program or current enrollment in a RN nursing program with completion of Nursing Fundamentals.
- Ability to perform all baseline patient/resident skills under guidance of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers.
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year recent experience in an Acute Care hospital and/or geriatric setting
The Patient Attendant performs patient care activities, treatments, and services. Adheres to universal precautions. Considers the age, cultural, psychosocial and physical needs of patients when providing care. Prepares patient room/gurneys/chair prior to admission/visit. Assists with positioning, ambulation, transporting, transferring and/or discharging of patients. Answers patient call lights and/or responds to patient requests for assistance per department standard. Provides explanation to patient/family prior to administering care and answers questions.
Sharp Grossmont Float Pool, is a pool of dedicated clinical professionals that provide routine Nursing Care and perform established nursing procedures for adult, geriatric and patients in a skilled nursing, acute and critical care environment throughout Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Patient Attendant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Sharp HealthCare, Sharp Grossmont, Nursing Support, San Diego jobs, La Mesa, CA jobs, Hospital jobs