The Patient Relations Specialist Serves as a liaison between patients, visitors, volunteers and physicians with the objective of enhancing the understanding of hospital policies and services. The Pt. Relations Specialist resolves patient/visitor complaints and responds to patient/visitor inquiries, proactively participates with departments to improve patient satisfaction, proactively obtains resolution of concerns brought to patient relations department and uses clinical knowledge to assess quality of care and minimizes risks by providing trends, analysis and performance improvement of potential risk and quality of care issues.
Patient Relations supports all hospital departments and service areas. Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written skills, ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and present a professional image and the ability to work collaboratively within a collegial department and multidisciplinary setting.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Full Time - 10 hour shifts
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license or MSW.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in health related field (Social Work or Nursing)
- Extensive experience in health care consumer advocacy
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills: oral, written and presentation skills
- Basic computer skills including MS Word
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and present a professional image
- Experience in analytical problem solving
- Possess a high degree of resourcefulness and ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively within a collegial department and multi-disciplinary setting
- Excellent interviewing and assessment skills
- Clinical experience and knowledge sufficient to determine issues based on interview and chart evaluation