Per Diem RN II - Hospital, Intake, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 106476 Date posted: November 26, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem RN II will act as a psych liaison nurse in the emergency room, evaluating patients and facilitating patient admissions to the Behavioral Health Unit.
The position is located in a 550 bed acute care facility that includes a 46 bed Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. This position is part of a psychiatric liaison team that reports to the Director of Behavioral Health. The position is responsible for the psychiatric evaluation and assessment of patients in the Emergency Department. The appropriate level of care and Dispositions from each of areas are completed in consultation with a psychiatrist on call as well as the Emergency Department physician and primary care physicians of patients in med-surg.
The Intake Department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital performs clinical assessment and patient evaluations in the Emergency Department and facilitates patient admission to the Behavioral Health Unit. The appropriate level of care and dispositions from the ED are done in consultation with a psychiatrist on call as well as the Emergency Department physician. The Sharp Grossmont Behavioral Health team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes nurses, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage family therapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists and case managers.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
requires a commitment to be scheduled to work a minimum of six (6) or more eight-hour shift during each four (4) week period, including a minimum of two (2) weekend shifts or one (1) weekend shift and one (1) Friday shift or one (1) Monday shift
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years recent RN experience
- One year recent Psych RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole