Per Diem RN II - Hospital, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 104848 Date posted: September 15, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- MICU 2W
- Night Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) is 24-beds. Our patient population includes medical critically ill patients and also surgical overflow patients. Patients may also include CHF, Massive MI, Abdominal surgery and Multiple Organ Failures. It is the most efficiently designed centers in the County, with full view nursing stations and in-room restroom facilities. Technologies: articulating arms, bispectral index, cardiac monitors, automated medical and supply stations, Picture Archiving Clinical Information System, Automated hand washing system, and isolation rooms.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
12-hour, Per Diem II, NOC shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; weekends as needed
(Minimum 4 shifts per 4 weeks, including two weekend shifts, or 1 weekend shift and 1 Friday shift or 1 Monday shift, and is available to work at least one major and minor holiday per year) - Weekends per PD II requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Ability to demonstrate professional skills
- Departmental competencies skills necessary to be a practitioner, consultant and mentor
- Three years current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole