Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 99265 Date posted: November 13, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Night Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem RN II is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. The Unit has upgraded the level of acuity to Level III-A, taking care of newborns 28 weeks and above.
Nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction in maternal/infant health services by Press Ganey, The Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. We are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants. Our level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has 24-beds allowing for specialized stabilization and management of high-risk and premature infants; recently expanded services include medical management of infants requiring ventilator support.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
12-Hour shift; 7:00 pm -7:30 am including weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Current three years' Level III NICU experience
- Experience in caring for vented neonates
- Experience in caring for neonates 28 weeks and above
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in PICC line, Peripheral Arterial Line, UAC, UVC, chest tubes, and resuscitation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole