Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 100288 Date posted: January 13, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- OP Surgery Center
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Fast paced Outpatient Surgery Center where there are 6-OR suites providing all outpatient procedures with a primary and secondary recovery area.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per Diem RN II, Registered Nurse, Preop, PACU
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per-Diem; 8 hour variable day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- ACLS certification
- Moderate sedation proficiency; obtain moderate sedation certification within 1 year of hire
- Recent 3 years of extensive PACU or critical care experience required
- Knowledgeable in ASPAN standards
- Excellent computer skills, experience in electronic documentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work variable shifts
Preferred Skills and Qualification
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Ambulatory surgery experience
- CAPA/CPAN certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole