Per Diem RN II - HospitalJob ID 83848 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Surgical Recovery (PACU)
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per-Diem; 12 hour variable shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- Recent 3 years of PACU, ED or Intensive Care experience in an Acute Care setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates clinical proficiency in a fast paced environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Post-Anesthesia Care Recovery Room at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has 25-beds specializing in the post-surgical care of patients who have received general or regional anesthesia. We are a very busy department with approximately 650 surgeries per month. We work collaboratively with the Anesthesiologists, Surgeons, and OR staff to ensure the optimal outcome of the patient.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN, PACU, Per-Diem