Pharmacist - Emergency Department
Job ID: 92324 Date posted: November 27, 2018
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Pharmacy Jobs
Some demographics about our institution:
- Sharp Grossmont is a community based non-teaching hospital.
- We have Pharmacy, Nursing, and Respiratory students, but no medical. We have 4 pharmacy residents for our system and are expanding to 6. We would like to get a PGY2 ED/Critical Care Pharmacy residency established here at SGH.
- Our Emergency room is extremely busy with almost 110,000 visits/year. We are NOT considered a trauma center. We have 75 ED beds. Seeing about 300 patients/day and of those about 1/3 of those are admitted.
- We currently have 4 ED RPhs on staff who work 7 on- 7 off.
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license
- CPR certification within 90 days of hire and biannually.
- ACLS certification
- Completed a Pharmacy Practice Residency with experience in Emergency Department practice or a specialized clinical residency in critical care/emergency care is preferred
- DEA licensure where required (SHC pain consultation protocol)
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- PGY 2 Critical Care / Emergency Care
- BCPS certification
- PALS certification
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”