Pharmacist-Operating Room/ Sharp Grossmont Hospital/ Day Shift/ Full Time
- Grossmont Hospital
Shift Start Time:6 AM
Shift End Time:2:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:Full Time - 8 hour shift
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$71.822 - $92.673 - $113.525
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
To provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients in the perioperative units (pre-operative holding, operating rooms, post anesthesia care units) including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing, and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems. Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations as well as proper storage and documentation; may also advise physicians on matters pertaining to medication usage and control; participate in the development and delivery of continuing education programs for Pharmacy, Patient Care Services, Medical Staff, and Pharmacy residents/students.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- California Pharmacist License - CA State Board of Pharmacy -REQUIRED
- Completed a Pharmacy Practice Residency with experience in the Operating room or a specialized clinical residency in critical care.
- BPS Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) - Board of Pharmacy Specialties -PREFERRED
- DEA Controlled Substance Registration - U.S. Department of Justice -PREFERRED
Other Qualification Requirements
- DEA licensure where required (SHC pain consultation protocol). Current license to practice pharmacy in the state of California without restriction or probation.
- Clinical advisory services
- Clinical consult services
- Medication management
- Multidisciplinary communication
- Pharmacy operations and distribution
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Safe medication practice
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class. #FJDEA Controlled Substance Registration - U.S. Department of Justice; BPS Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) - Board of Pharmacy Specialties; California Pharmacist License - CA State Board of Pharmacy; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community