PharmacistJob ID 85660 Date posted 01/24/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Home Infusion
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Home Infusion
- Category: Pharmacy Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 6 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hours days variable shift, anytime between 7:30 am – 6:00 pm, weekends as needed. On-call requirement.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy School
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license
- Previous Home Infusion / Ambulatory Care Pharmacist experience preferred
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload and technicians
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency program
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Minimum of one-year experience in a hospital pharmacy environment is preferred
The Pharmacist will provide the professional, clinical and technical knowledge, and skills and expertise required for the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care in the Home Infusion care setting that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare.
As the Pharmacist in the sterile compounding clean room, you will supervise the preparation and distribution of IV admixtures and supplies in accordance to USP 797 sterile compounding regulations. Assure compliance with quality assurance programs. Oversees inventory control of supplies and pharmaceuticals for daily production
This position is for the Sharp Central pharmacy, which compounds IV products for all of the Sharp hospitals.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Pharmacist, pharmacist jobs in San Diego, pharmacist jobs in California, Home Infusion pharmacist, Ambulatory Care Pharmacist, PGY1 Ambulatory Care