Pharmacy Technician - 10 hour shift/ Sharp Grossmont/ Variable Shift/ Per Diem
- Grossmont Hospital
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:Per Diem - 10 hour shift
Weekend Requirements:Every Other
What You Will Do
To assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical services that support the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare. Performs technical tasks involved in the preparation, documentation and distribution of out-patient medications.
- California Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy -REQUIRED
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year Experience in retail pharmacy environment
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board -PREFERRED
- Accurately processes prescriptions
- Obtains all required patient information, allergies, and payment method from the patient
- Demonstrates understanding of and accurately applies metric and apothecary systems of weights and measures, pharmaceutical calculations, trade and generic names, dosages and indications.
- Completes all computer data fields when entering prescriptions
- Calls physician's offices for refills as needed and records appropriate authorization
- Notifies the pharmacist of any duplicate drug entries, too frequent refills, drug interactions, or allergy warning statements highlighted during prescription entry
- Prepares the prescription label with accurate information about the product dispensed (brand/generic) as required by law and affixes any useful auxiliary labels to the vial
- Provides for accurate and secure filling of controlled substance prescriptions.
- Maintains all documentation accurately according to policies and procedures.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classCalifornia Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy; H.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community