Physical Therapy AideSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77330 Date posted 11/16/2016
Requisition ID: 77330
- Facility: SRS E.Grossmont Medical Plaza
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Physical Therapy
- Category: Physical Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located at Sharp Rees-Stealy - La Mesa West in La Mesa, CA, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; part-time (.5) position; will work 8 hour shifts; must have availability to work clinic hours of operation between 7:00 am – 7:00 pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Physical Therapy Aide experience or recent related rehab patient care experience
- Ability to execute physical therapy techniques safely and according to accepted standards
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent computer and phone skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Enrollment in or graduation from a pre-physical therapy program
- Outpatient Physical Therapy Aide experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medial office experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Physical Therapy Aide assists multiple physical therapists in a busy outpatient PT gym setting, assisting with patient treatment under the direct supervision of the PT, treating patients with a variety of diagnoses. Clients include Work Comp, HMO, PPO, senior patients, Spanish speaking population. Utilizes modalities and exercise programs for patients with a variety of diagnoses. Willing to cross train to cover front desk operations, scheduling, co-pay collection, clerical tasks. Incorporates the Sharp Experience Behavior Standards in daily job duties.
Sharp Rees-Stealy offers a variety of comprehensive rehabilitation services at outpatient clinics throughout San Diego County. The Sharp Rees-Stealy Rehabilitation Team strives to provide comprehensive, efficient, cost-effective and convenient care. Our emphasis is on individual treatment and patient education for a healthy return to activities with an understanding of injury prevention. Our licensed therapists, national board certified and support staff focuses on the needs of each patient. We have many board certified therapists and many rehabilitation leaders in their professional communities. Our care providers are skilled in many areas including manual therapy.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Physical Therapy Aide, PT Aide