Physician Assistant, Cardiac Services - SGH
Job ID: 99576 Date posted: December 03, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Cardiac Services - SGH
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This Physician Assistant (PA) position is for the Gastroenterology Service line This PA position will be an inpatient service only consisting of inpatient rounds, peri-procedural discharge and disposition planning, potential ER and inpatient consults under the direct supervision of attending GI physicians and addressing service line needs. This includes taking patient histories, physical examination, creating a treatment plan and ordering diagnostic studies.
The Physician Assistant will assist physicians in the delivery of care to GI patients.
This Specialty GI PA position will be located in the Cardiac Program cost center.The Cardiac Program department at SGH is a dynamic, highly dedicated group, focused on evidence based practice, quality data and improving performance. Their focus is on providing the best care to patients and cultivating positive, collaborative relationships with physicians and hospital staff.
- Successful completion of Physician Assistant program
- Current unencumbered California Physician Assistant license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care providers
- ACLS Certification (ACLS)
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (PA-C)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 1 year of Physician Assistant experience
- Master's degree
- National Provider Identification number (NPI)
- Current DEA Registration number strongly preferred
- Experience caring for GI patients
- Critical thinker with strong assessment, prioritization skills and interpersonal communication skills
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole