Physician AssistantSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77059 Date posted 11/10/2016
Requisition ID: 77059
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: PAES
- Category: Advanced Practice Nursing Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
10-hour shift with variable hours; One (1) weekend per month
Part-time position (0.5 FTE)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the state of California
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care providers
- Successful completion of Physician Assistant program
- National Provider Identification number (NPI)
- Current DEA Registration number
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Experience caring for general surgery patients and the surgical population
- Critical thinker with strong assessment, prioritization skills and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 1 year of experience Physician Assistant experience in general surgery
- Experience with Interpreting EKG's in the preoperative patient
This part-time Physician Assistant position assists physicians in the delivery of health care to patients within the perioperative setting based out of the Pre-Anesthesia Evaluation Services (PAES) department.
The PAES Mid-Level Provider (MLP) works with surgeons to provide postoperative care for their inpatients including daily rounds, orders, and discharges. The Pre Anesthesia Evaluation Services Department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital coordinates care with physicians and physician offices in conjunction with perioperative services to prepare patients for surgery. Duties of the PAES MLP include interpreting abnormal labs, EKGs, and radiological findings in the preoperative patient.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 77059, Physician Assistant, PA, NP, Mid Level Provider, PAES, Post Anesthesia Evaluation Services, Surgical, OR, General Surgery