Project Mgr-Assoc-Facilities - 1319
- Brier Patch
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$49.377 - $63.712 - $78.048
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
This position provides technical design, engineering and / or construction support for the Facilities Management Department. An Associate Project Manager may be assigned to one (or more) of the Sharp Hospital campuses to support other Project Managers and / or may be assigned to a special capitol project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field. Five years of experience in managing increasingly complex projects may be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 2 Years Direct experience in a similar role.
- Driver's License - CA Department of Motor Vehicles -REQUIRED
- Master's Degree
Other Qualification Requirements
- Utilizes reliable transportation and possesses adequate personal insurance coverage. Demonstrates clean driving record in accordance with requirements of the employer DMV pull notice program and Sharp HealthCare Driver Guidelines.
- Department support
Communicates with supervisor on a weekly basis and produces requested reports.
Adheres to Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Financial management
Ensures and adheres to project budgets. Reports variances to the Senior Project Manager.
Assists in the development of annual capital projects for system approval.
- Project development
Assists Senior Project Manager in preparing preliminary cost estimates for project.
Reviews architectural drawings for functional use.
- Project management
Manages JIT for furniture, signage and architecturally significant equipment.
Manages TIs and small moves.
Coordinates disruptions with Facilities.
May provide daily inspection for Infection Control compliance.
Prepares Punch Lists for a project.
Reviews documents for contract close-out, including Warrantees and Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Quality and customer service
Inspects projects for compliance with ICRA permits.
Ensures regulatory compliance: OSHPD, Infection Control, SWPPP.
Creates, maintains, and constantly looks to improve development and implementation processes.
Interacts with customers and staff in a positive, professional and cooperative manner. Assures that communication between all Project Team members is timely and complete.
Maintains a positive relationship with FMDO customers to assure needs are met in the design and construction process.
Ensures positive relationships and coordination with Facilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical: Knowledge of the planning, design, and construction process, with specific knowledge of architecture, engineering, project management or construction. Knowledge of architectural drawings and capable of reviewing drawings for the fundamentals of architectural or engineering code compliance (depending on the technical background of the individual).
- Knowledge and experience in some part of the total design and construction process, such as: Development of architectural or engineering construction documents in CADD, Project management of a tenant improvement or some smaller construction job, typically 1M +, development of a project proposal, with cost estimate and ROI analysis and/or other related examples of hands-on experience in this field.
- Collects and analyzes data and writes accurate reports.
- Human Relations: Effective interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with various personalities within the Sharp HealthCare system.
- Must be able to develop a means to keep others informed of progress on project and items that need a decision.
- Effective and concise written communication skills.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
Driver's License - CA Department of Motor Vehicles; Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Explore our locationsView locations
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community