Respiratory Care Practitioner - RCPJob ID 83882 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Respiratory Therapy
- Category: Respiratory Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
12 hour variable shift; weekends as needed
Per Diem Position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or equivalent from CoARC accredited school
- Current unencumbered CA Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license
- Current BLS certification
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
- Current one - two (1-2) years of experience as an inpatient hospital RCP
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Current ACLS certification
- Current NRP certification
The per diem Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) will work with patient population ranging from NICU to geriatric patients. On average, the RCP will have about 10-15 non-vent/4 vent patients per day.
The role of the Sharp Grossmont Respiratory department is to provide treatment and education to our pulmonary patients. Our large department consists of Advanced RCPs, RCPs, Clinical Leads, Clinical Specialist, Pulmonary Function Specialists, Equipment technicians and clerical staff. Our therapists are given the opportunity to work with patient population ranging from NICU to geriatric patients. On a typical day the therapist will have about 10-15 non-vent/4 vent patients per day.
As a therapist at Sharp Grossmont, you’re able to work in our team-oriented, open atmosphere department. Your wiliness to learn and high integrity are behavior standards that we value in our department.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 100 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 83882, Respiratory Care Practitioner Jobs, RCP Jobs, Per Diem Jobs