Senior Financial AnalystSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76549 Date posted 10/07/2016
Requisition ID: 76549
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Finance
- Category: Finance Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County, CA
8 Hour Day Shift; 8am-5pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field, or equivalent finance experience in a healthcare environment
- Three to five years’ experience in finance or accounting with at least two years in the healthcare industry
- Previous budgeting, analysis, and financial applications experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and prepare concise and accurate financial reports Ability to understand, develop, and enhance computer spreadsheet applications for specific financial modeling, with proficiency in Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all customers including management, staff, and physicians
- Experience and proficiency in preparing and conducting presentations and training programs
- Knowledge of hospital accounting, reimbursement methodologies, contracting techniques, current healthcare issues, healthcare terminology, statistical reporting, and healthcare financial systems with specific knowledge of Information Systems as it relates to accounting and budgeting systems
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree
The Senior Financial Analyst will enhance the operation of Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH) and the Finance department by assisting the Finance Manager,
Supervisor and/or Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets, five year plan, and analysis of financial performance by department, program, and service line. To participate as a consultant and trainer for education of SGH management staff in developing operating and capital budgets and monitoring financial performance of operations. To ensure the ongoing development and effectiveness of financial performance reporting.
The Finance Dept. at Sharp Grossmont Hospital consists of 7 finance professionals. The Finance Dept. reviews operational inefficiencies or opportunities through process improvement, new program development and cost savings initiatives. The team analyzes financial and operating outcomes including monthly revenue cycle, productivity and departmental expense review. The team develops and analyzes the operating and capital budgets as well as the five year strategic plan for Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital has been serving the East County community for 60 years. It is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in San Diego’s East County and is part of Sharp HealthCare. The hospital is known for its clinical excellence in emergency and critical care; cardiac care; surgery; stroke care; orthopedics; rehabilitation; behavioral health; women’s and children’s health; and hospice care. The hospital also offers extensive outpatient services and prevention programs such as home infusion, sleep disorder care, wound care and hyperbaric medicine to support Sharp HealthCare’s emphasis on community health and wellness. Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a Magnet-designated hospital and committed to providing the highest quality care.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Senior Financial Analyst, Lawson, EPSi, StrataEdge, Sr Financial Analyst, Accounting, Excel, Budgets, Financial Applications, Healthcare, Sharp HealthCare, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs