Senior Specialist - Nursing (Sepsis Coordinator), ED, SGH
Job ID: 100541 Date posted: January 24, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Emergency Department (CCTA)
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This Sr. Specialist – Nursing (Sepsis Coordinator) position is part of the Sepsis Team and works out of the Emergency Department cost center. The Sr. Specialist is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the Sr. Specialist.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate who will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the development and implementation of programs and services consistent with the mission of Sharp HealthCare. Responsible for the strategic planning, business development and growth, and quality improvement plans for the sepsis program. Collaborates regularly with other members of the Sepsis Team and/or Emergency Physicians/Critical Care Physicians to ensure continued system focus. Is a member of the Sepsis Committee responsible for strategic planning and implementation of the sepsis program.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (sepsis programs) that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Current PALS certification
- Current NIHSS certification
- Current Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification
- Certification in specialty area of practice
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Staff Development and Educator experience
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole