Senior Specialist - Nursing, Surgical Recovery, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 110414 Date posted: June 10, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Surgical Recovery (PACU)
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This Senior Specialist – Nursing position is part of the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) at Sharp Grossmont Hospital and scope of responsibility covers PACU (Main OR and Grossmont Outpatient Surgery Center), Pre-Op (Main OR and Grossmont Outpatient Surgery Center), Endoscopy, and Pre-Aesthesia Evaluation Services (PAES). The Sr. Specialist is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. Leadership skills (system thinker and change agent) are role assumptions.
The Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has 15-beds specializing in the post-surgical care of patients who have received general or regional anesthesia. We are a very busy department with approximately 650 surgeries per month. We work collaboratively with the Anesthesiologists, Surgeons, and OR staff to ensure the optimal outcome of the patient.
Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour variable shift; weekends as needed
Full-time 1.0 FTE Exempt position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (PACU/perioperative services) who functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole