Senior Specialist - Nursing
Job ID: 107529 Date posted: January 22, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Radiology Diagnostic
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Senior Specialist – Nursing position is part of the Imaging Services department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. The Sr. Specialist - Nursing is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The Senior - Specialist - Nursing position will play a critical role in facilitating the department's training and competency programs for all nursing, technical and unlicensed team members to maintain various entity and department accreditations. Such recognitions include: CT and US accreditation from the American College of Radiology (ACR) ad Comprehensive Stroke Certification for Neuro-Interventional Radiology from The Joint Commission (TJC). The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions of the Senior Specialist - Nursing role..
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and CT/PET imaging. Our staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Department staff include licensed technologists, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
8-hour day shift, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; no weekends
Full-time (1.0 FTE) exempt position, 80 hours per pay period
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (medical imaging/diagnostic radiology) who functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant.
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Certified Radiology Nurse (CRN)
- 3 years’ experience in medical imaging specialty
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole