Senior Specialist - NursingSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77054 Date posted 11/11/2016
Requisition ID: 77054
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Labor & Delivery (WC2)
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Masters or doctoral prepared nurse who is a clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant.
- Two to three years of experience as a clinical expert in area of specialty
- Strong communication skills and leadership development skills
- Knowledge and application of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- AWHONN Intermediate or Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certification in specialty area of practice highly desired
- Staff Development and educator experience
- Current ACLS certification
This Sr. Specialist/Nurse Educator position will oversee staff development in the Women’s Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. Under Clinical Practice Model at Sharp Grossmont Hospital, the Sr. Specialist will focus on staff development and lead efforts related to the identification, implementation and evaluation of unit specific education, patient education and evidence-based practice. The goal of the Clinical Leadership Model is to optimize the role of the Sr. Nurse Specialist resulting in a highly educated and competent advanced practice staff that produces positive patient outcomes. The Sr. Specialist/Nurse Educator is a clinical expert in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the roles of a clinical expert, researcher and consultant. Leadership skills, and the ability to be a system thinker and change agent are assumptions of this role.
Nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction in maternal/infant health services by Press Ganey, the Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. We are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants.
Our Labor & Delivery Unit provides a homelike setting with 24 private suites performing over 3600 deliveries per year. Our unit is unique in that we are all inclusive-triage, labor and delivery, antepartum care, and post-partum care. There are 4 triage beds, 3 OR suites and 4 recovery beds. As part of our family-centered approach we encourage family members to participate in the birthing experience and support all mothers with their birthing choices. We have an active Unit Practice Council and offer a variety of continuing education. We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic staff to join our team and add to the outstanding patient care we provide.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 77054, Senior Specialist, RN, Nurse Educator, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, L&D, Maternal Infant Services, Women's Health Center, Nursing Jobs, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, San Diego