Sleep Disorder Technician
Job ID: 106422 Date posted: November 23, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Sleep Disorder Clinic
- Allied Health Jobs
- Night Job
- Per Diem
The Sharp Grossmont Hospital Sleep Disorders Center is dedicated to the delivering an exceptional level of patient care by providing the latest medical technology and personalized treatment. We offer a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and narcolepsy and sleep disorders associated with medical or psychiatric conditions.
At the Sharp Grossmont Hospital Sleep Disorders Center, we have a specialized outpatient facility dedicated to diagnosing and treating a wide range of issues — from snoring to insomnia, narcolepsy to restless leg syndrome. We are sleep specialists, polysomnographers and more — all dedicated to creating a treatment plan that works best for our patients. The 2 bed center is staffed by a sleep specialist trained in sleep disorders and pulmonology.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
10 hours night shift, weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist certification (RPSGT) or RRT–SDS (Sleep Disorder Specialist) credential
- Current unencumbered CA Polysomnographic Technologist license/ current unencumbered CA Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license.
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three (3) years current Polysomnographic Tech experience preferred
- The ability to perform comprehensive evaluation and treatment of Sleep Disorders
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with professional, technical and physician and office staffs
- Must have complete knowledge of all aspects of sleep and its related disorders, as well as complete technical knowledge of sleep center equipment
- Fluent knowledge of English
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Sleep Disorder Tech, Polysomnographic Technologist, Polysomnographic Tech, RPSGT, Sleep Tech, Respiratory Therapist, sleep technician jobs in San Diego, RRT-SDS, sleep disorder specialist.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”