Speech Therapist I
Job ID: 97415 Date posted: August 13, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Speech Therapy
- Speech Therapy Jobs
- Day Job
The Speech Therapist I provides evaluations and treatment of adult speech, language and swallowing problems. Assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department.
Sharp HealthCare Speech Pathology provides care for hospital patients and community clients. Services include stroke and brain injury rehabilitation, voice and swallowing therapy, oncology rehabilitation, assessment for augmentative devices and— our newest service — accent modification for health care providers. Our highly trained Speech Pathology Team tailors treatment to the needs of each client.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa, CA, San Diego County
- Graduate of an approved school of Speech Therapy or graduate of an accredited college or university with a certificate in Speech Therapy
- CA License in Speech Pathology and Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) or Registered Professional Experience (RPE) and Clinical Fellowship (CF) eligible
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Experience with clinical swallowing assessment and Modified Barium Swallows and treatment
- Competent in the evaluation and treatment of adult neuro disorders and cognitive dysfunction
- Internship and/or experience in adult neuropathology with dysphagia management
- Master’s degree in Communicative Disorders
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords, Speech I, Speech, Speech Pathologist, Speech Path; Speech Therapist
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”