Surgical TechnologistsSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77286 Date posted 11/23/2016
Requisition ID: 77286
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Women's Surgery
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
12 hour shift - 7:00am - 7:30pm
Including every other weekend shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an approved Surgical Technologist School/Course
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year scrubbing experience in an acute care setting
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year experience scrubbing for OBGYN cases
- Current Surgical Technologist certification
The Surgical technologist will use their expertise in asepsis and equipment to prepare the operating room. They will work to help ensure that the operating room is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety while maintaining the integrity of the sterile field.
The Surgery service at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has 12-OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open Heart and DaVinci Robotic Surgery. Its Total Joint Replacement program is nationally recognized. Join our highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department that performs 650-700 surgeries/month.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Surgical Technologist, Operating Room, Scrub, Healthcare, Technician, Surgery, Hospital, Healthcare