Surgical TechnologistsSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77433 Date posted 11/28/2016
Requisition ID: 77433
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem position - variable start and stop times of shift
Weekends as needed - On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Graduate from an approved Surgical Technologist program or demonstrated skills via on the job training
- Proficient in scrubbing for all specialties except open heart
- Ability to function in a fast paced surgical department
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years of experience as a surgical technologist
- Experience scrubbing for robotics cases
- Certified Surgical Technologist certification (CST)
The Surgical Technologists will use their expertise in asepsis and equipment to prepare the operating room. They will work to help ensure that the operating room is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety while maintaining the integrity of the sterile field.
The Surgery Services has 12-OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open Heart and Robotics. Its' Total Joint Replacement Program is nationally recognized. Join the highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department that performs 700 surgeries/month. This cohesive team challenges the RN to be self-motivated and to exhibit leadership in their role.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Surgical Technologist, CST, Operating Room, Surgery, Tech, Technician, Surgical, Healthcare