Thrift Shop CoordinatorJob ID 86067 Date posted 02/13/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Thrift Korral
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years in resale/retail management. Experience in managing volunteers and/or paid staff.
- Excellent driving record
- Excellent public relations skills at all times in dealing with customers, volunteers and donors
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Additional education in retail management preferred
This position will supervise both paid and volunteer staff, including training, work assignment and evaluation. This position will also administer and supervise daily activities of the thrift shop including property management, merchandising, inventory, stocking, pricing and cashiering.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Developing & implementing a marketing plan for the thrift shop
- Preparing annual budget and develops sales strategies to ensure profitability and achieve customer service and financial goals
- Independently overseeing physical facilities including store maintenance and utilities
- Negotiating and overseeing building lease and maintaining working relationships with landlord and other tenants
The Thrift Korral is a 7500-square foot "boutique-style" thrift shop operated by the Grossmont Hospital Auxiliary. The Thrift Korral, which sells new and gently used merchandise — including clothing, jewelry, housewares, books, collectibles and furniture — to benefit its projects on behalf of hospital patients and staff. The Thrift Korral is located at 8693-A La Mesa Blvd. in La Mesa and is open 9:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Saturday.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.