Triage Registered Nurse - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76898 Date posted 10/25/2016
Requisition ID: 76898
- Facility: SRS E.Grossmont Medical Plaza
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Family Practice
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Full-time, 8 hour day shift; no weekends or call
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California RN licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Minimum three (3) years RN experience in related clinical area
- IV proficient
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Triage experience
- Leadership experience
The RN Triage utilizes clinical experiences and expertise to assess and facilitate patient access. Responsibilities include assisting patients, staff and physicians as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to the designated patient population. The RN Triage serves as technical nursing expert for assigned area.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Family Practice consists of 50+ providers on staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 9 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Chula Vista, El Cajon, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching: operating general medical equipment which involves manual dexterity and manual manipulation of dials, buttons, switches and instruments
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer; from range of minimal or no assistance to full and partial assists
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds; may be required to push/pull wheelchairs/gurneys
- Carry up to 25 pounds; may involve lifting and carrying of general medical supplies and equipment
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: RN, Triage RN, Triage Nurse, Family Practice, Sharp Rees Stealy, Nursing Jobs, La Mesa, San Diego