Ultrasound Technologist-Non-Invasive Cardio (Pediatric) / Non-Invasive Cardiology / Sharp Grossmont Hospital / Variable Shift / Per Diem / $2,500 Sign On Bonus
- Grossmont Hospital
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
To perform a wide variety of technical procedures with quality patient care, assisting Physicians as needed. Provides on-call coverage for assigned weekdays, rotating weekend shifts and holidays.
- Satisfactory completion of formal training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography OR
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) - Cardiovascular Credentialing International OR
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) - Cardiovascular Credentialing International OR
- Advanced Cardiac Sonographer (ACS) - Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- Minimum 1 year Pediatric Echo Tech experience
- Able to perform and interpret: transthoracic echocardiograms, TEE, stress echo, Dobutamine stress echo
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Strong and effective communicator
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and triage work load effectively
- Patient and family education
Provides pre and post procedure education and reassurance to include but not limited to: Type of procedure, length of procedure, physician involved, contrast administration and mode of delivery, positioning, the report, patient satisfaction form, etc.
Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient's age, culture, state of health, level of comprehension.
Communicates and interacts with the patient's family in a way that is perceived positive and supportive while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Produce high quality exams
Understands and applies appropriate imaging techniques to achieve the highest quality study obtainable.
Performs exams and positions according to department imaging, cardiac, or vascular ultrasound protocols.
Labels and identifies studies correctly using legal marker set.
Uses imaging equipment proficiently.
Uses imaging agents (contrast) according to protocol.
Performs routine and special procedure exams as assigned.
- Quality assurance
Verifies patient identification and pregnancy status if appropriate
Assists Radiologist or Cardiologist in procedures while practicing sterile techniques to prevent cross-contamination.
Delivers safe, efficient and therapeutic care.
Performs proper procedure on proper patient.
Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions and sterile techniques.
Observes the patient, reports any changes in status, and initiates appropriate action to ensure a positive outcome.
Follows patient's Advanced Directive, if applicable.
Follows HIPAA guidelines for PHI as appropriate.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class.AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; Advanced Cardiac Sonographer (ACS) - Cardiovascular Credentialing International; Other; Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) - Cardiovascular Credentialing International; Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) - Cardiovascular Credentialing International; Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community