Ultrasound TechnologistJob ID 84098 Date posted 10/31/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Non-Invasive Cardio
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA in San Diego County
8 hour shifts; per diem position to work variable shifts, hours and days of the week; weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of certified Cardiovascular Technology Program in Non-invasive Cardiology Technology
- RDCS or RCS eligible
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Knowledge pediatric echo tech procedures
- Able to perform and interpret: transthoracic echocardiograms, TEE, stress echo, Dobutamine stress echo
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Able to abide by Sharp behavior standards
- Strong and effective communicator
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and triage work load effectively
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year experience as a pediatric echo tech
The Pediatric Echo Ultrasound Technologist understands and applies appropriate imaging techniques to achieve the highest quality study obtainable. Performs exams and positions according to ultrasound protocols. Uses scanning equipment proficiently. The Pediatric Echo Tech will triage patient load and perform routine and special procedure exams as assigned. Manages tests performed in the PAC's system, EchoPac, Prosolv and EMR, Cerner. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe and efficient quality care. Adheres to all Sharp HealthCare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training. Provides excellent Patient/Customer Service to all patients, co-workers, physicians and staff.
Our echo and vascular ultrasound department is expanding hours of on-site coverage to meet the needs of our busy ER. Sharp Grossmont's ER is ranked within the top 4 percent in the nation of busiest ER's.
Sharp Grossmont Hosptital’s Non-invasive Cardiology department performs EKG’s, stress tests, cardiac and vascular ultrasounds for both outpatients and inpatients. Our diagnostic center performs a high volume of non-invasive procedures. We have a dedicated and compassionate staff that provide quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Our patient satisfaction scores are consistently above the 90th percentile.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Ultrasound Technologist, echo tech, echo technologist, ultrasound tech