Wound Ostomy Care Specialist
Job ID: 97378 Date posted: August 08, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- IP Wound/Ostomy Team
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The part-time Wound Ostomy Care Specialist is a Bachelors prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher, and consultant. Leadership skills (system thinker and change agent) are role assumptions.
The Wound Ostomy Care Specialist is part of the Inpatient Wound/Ostomy Team at Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH). Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Active, unencumbered California RN license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- BSN degree
- Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse (CWOCN)
- Graduate of an accredited WOC Nurse education program
- 3-5 years of nursing experience
- Bachelor’s prepared nurse who is a clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area who functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher, and consultant
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One (1) year experience as a certified WOCN
- 2 years of acute care experience
Essential Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: 97378, 95845
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole