Access Service Representative II
Job ID: 101687 Date posted: March 13, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Transplant Administration
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
Assist Team Leader with Department leadership, quality assurance, and staff technical and customer service development. Performs all patient admission functions and basic utilization review/insurance verification activities to facilitate maximum financial reimbursement.
San Diego Organ Transplant Surgery has been serving San Diegans in organ transplantation for more than 30 years. We have been at the forefront of organ transplantation in San Diego. Our transplant teams have helped change the lives of many patients and our program has one of the highest patient survival rates in the country.
Location: this position is located in Kearny Mesa of San Diego County
Hours: 8 am - 430 pm (Thursdays 9 am - 530 pm), no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- One year experience in the Sharp Admitting Department or equivalent medical setting with demonstrated above-standard performance in medical patient registration, medical terminology, and public relations.
- Strong working knowledge of medical insurance guidelines, basic Utilization Review requirements and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal Medical Business Office procedures and policies.
- Ability to discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Ability to work with computer keyboard and CRT; data input 35-40 wpm.
- Capable of utilizing resources in an organized manner.
- Familiarity with ancillary departments and their registration requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Transplant experience and bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”