Access Service Representative II
Job ID: 107316 Date posted: January 13, 2021
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Kidney Transplant
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
Assist Team Leader with Department leadership, quality assurance, and staff technical and customer service development. Performs all patient admission functions and basic utilization review/insurance verification activities to facilitate maximum financial reimbursement.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Location: This position is located in Kearny Mesa of San Diego County.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm, Thurs 9am-5:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one (1) year experience in the Sharp Admitting Department or equivalent setting with demonstrated above-standard performance in patient registration, medical terminology, and public relations.
- Strong working knowledge of insurance guidelines and basic Utilization Review requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Skilled in discussing personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Competent with medical terminology.
- Ability to work with computer keyboard and CRT; data input 35-40 wpm.
- Utilizes resources in an organized manner.
- Familiarity with ancillary departments and their registration requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal Business Office procedures and policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Transplant experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”