Access Service Representative - Patient FocusSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76503 Date posted 10/06/2016
Requisition ID: 76503
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Staffing Resource Network
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Kearny Mesa. Must be flexible to float within the Sharp HealthCare system in San Diego County
8 hour Evening/Night Shifts and Every Other Weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma of equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the Business Services setting with demonstrated above-standard performance in billing, account follow-up, and at least one other area of expertise.
- Medical terminology
- Work experienced with insurances, billing and collections guidelines/criteria.
- Work experienced with Local, State, and Federal regulations governing registration/ billing activities including JCAHO, Title XXII, Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
- Experienced with ICD-9, RVS, and CPT 4 coding.
- Basic utilization management knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities.
- Ability to communicate/discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Ability to document effectively and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to function well in demanding/stressful environments.
- Basic computer functions. Accurately type or on-line key 35-40 wpm.
The Access Service Representative obtains and processes patient demographic, visit, and financial information in a manner that facilitates maximum financial reimbursement and promotes premier customer service.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Access service rep, financial service rep, customer service rep