Access Service Representative - Patient FocusJob ID 84613 Date posted 11/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Patient Access Services - ED
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Business Services setting with demonstrated above-standard performance in billing, account follow-up, and at least one other area of expertise.
- In-depth know of Insurances, billing and collections guidelines/criteria.
- Working knowledge of Local, State, and Federal regulations governing registration/billing activities including JCAHO, Title XXII, Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
- ICD-9, RVS, and CPT 4 coding.
- Communicate/discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Function well in demanding/stressful environments.
- Basic computer functions.
- Medical terminology.
- Basic utilization management.
- Accurately type or on-line key 35-40 wpm.
- Organize and prioritize work activities.
- Document effectively and concisely.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of registration experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Access Service Rep – PT Focus will complete all functions at point of registration, necessary to comply with The Joint Commission, document effectively and concisely, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, function well in demanding stressful environments. The primary responsibilities include registering patients, walk-ins and scheduled patients for outpatient procedures as well as direct admits. Deliver Inspirational messages to in-house patients; work the COA and IM letter reports daily. The individual may work in the SPA, Main Admitting, registering patients and collecting co-pays and deductibles from patients.
As a member of our department team your role will support bedside patient registration in the Emergency Department. The department provides a rewarding opportunity to learn and grow within the revenue cycle while providing excellent customer service.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.