Account Analyst II - Cash Posting StaffJob ID 85023 Date posted 12/22/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: PFS CC Clinics
- Category: Accounting Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Full time: 8-hour day shift: Flex time starts at 7am to 9am; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years in the Healthcare field orexperience in a clinical or hospital Business Office
- Able to work in a high production unit
- Show strong comprehension of reading an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and knowledge of ANSI X12-5010 rejection codes
- Have knowledge of insurance benefits, covered services, and reimbursement procedures of all HMO, PPO and Government insurance programs
- Ability to determine primary, secondary and third party responsibility among insurance companies
- Able to determine the processing of rejection codes and how to move a claim forward
- Have familiarity with regulations governing collection and escheatment processes
- Experience in all EOB posting both paper EOB as well as 835-EDI
- Basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications and practical knowledge of CPT, ICD, HPCS, usage in the billing of physician professional claims, as well as strong knowledge of account reconciliation
- Strong comprehension of arithmetic and 10 key by touch, be able to type a speed of 50 wpm, or in-line keying speed of 50 wpm
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to discuss insurance or patient account resolution with patient and/or insurance and banking representatives regarding credit and collections policies and procedures and payment issues
- Good telephone communication skills
- Able to follow directions, get along with others and handle stress
- Possess the ability to work well in a team environment, maintain a professional attitude, maintain confidentiality at all times
- The employee must be able to work overtime during the week as well as on weekends to accommodate the goals of the department and month end processing, when required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
The Account Analyst II – Cash Posting is to ensure accurate posting of cash receipts and reconciliation of credit balances on patient accounts. Under the supervision of the Team Lead, the account analyst is responsible for identifying errors, researching accounts, and proactively following up with appropriate contacts to ensure necessary information is obtained in order to resolve issues for timely posting of accounts receivables.
Sharp HealthCare's vision is to be the best health system in the universe. The Patient Financial Services Department embodies this by working together to support our core values which are integrity, caring, innovation, and excellence. We are a TEAM!
Patient Financial Services-CCD is the centralized billing department for all of Sharp Rees- Stealy professional billing services. The PFS-CCD Accounts Receivable Follow up team works with insurance companies and patients to resolve matters dealing patients accounts. The team reconciles accounts for government and non-government insurance programs; in order to create the best outcome for all involved in patient care.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Sitting at a computer workstation (8 or more hours per day)
- Use of 10 key by touch, and requires repetitive motion with keyboarding
- Use of a telephone and, the ability to maintain a focused train of thought while multitasking in the process of investigating account identification or cash reconciliation issues
- Concentrate on detail oriented data for prolonged period of time
- Able to adjust their routine to accommodate departmental goals
- Able to lift light objects; retrieve files from cabinets which may involve upward or downward mobility
- Ability to focus on computer monitor for prolonged periods and clearly see data in paper form with small font print
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.