Account Analyst II
Job ID: 104455 Date posted: August 27, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- PFS Sharp Foundation Models
- Accounting Jobs
- Day Job
To collect and follow up on contract and commercial accounts.
Sharp HealthCare's vision is to be the best health system in the universe. The Patient Financial Services Department embodies this by working together to support our core values which are integrity, caring, innovation, and excellence. We are a TEAM!
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications.
Location: this position is located in Kearny Mesa of San Diego County at the Sharp Spectrum Corporate Office.
Hours: 8 hour day shift with flexible start time from 7 - 9 am with no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in all areas of medical billing and 1 year accounts management experience in an acute care hospital.
- Knowledge of benefits, covered services, and billing procedures of all Government and non-Government insurance programs.
- Ability to determine prime, secondary, and third party responsibility among insurance companies.
- Familiarity with regulations governing collection proceedings.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes, and basic medical terminology.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”