Account Analyst IIJob ID 85227 Date posted 01/06/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: PFS Billing & Collections
- Category: Accounting Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Full time; 8-hours day shift; variable; flex time starts 7am to 9am.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum two-years experience in all areas of billing and one-year accounts management experience in an acute care hospital.
- Knowledge of benefits, covered services, and billing procedures of all Government and non-Government insurance programs.
- Ability to determine prime, secondary, and third party responsibility among insurance companies. Familiarity with regulations governing collection proceedings.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes, and basic medical terminology.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm, or in-line keying speed of 50 wpm, 10-key by touch.
- General knowledge of office procedures and ability to utilize resources in an organized manner. Experience with on-line computer system.
- Ability to discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives regarding credit and collection policies and procedures.
- Good telephone communication skills and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
The Account Analyst II will collect and follow up on contract and commercial accounts.
Sharp HealthCare's vision is to be the best health system in the universe. The Patient Financial Services Department embodies this by working together to support our core values which are integrity, caring, innovation, and excellence. We are a TEAM!
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Account Analyst II