Account Analyst IIJob ID 85356 Date posted 01/12/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: PFS CC Clinics
- Category: Accounting Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Full time: 8-hour day shift; Flex start times are between 7am to 9am.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum two years experience in all areas of billing and one year accounts management experience in an acute care hospital.
· Knowledge of benefits, covered services, and billing procedures of all Government and non-Government insurance programs.
· Ability to determine prime, secondary, and third party responsibility among insurance companies.
· Familiarity with regulations governing collection proceedings.
· Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes, and basic medical terminology.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous Medical Billing experience.
- Able to type 40 wpm and 10 key by touch.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PPO and HMO insurance programs.
This position is to collect and follow up contract and commercial accounts.
Patient Financial Services-CCD is the centralized billing department for all of Sharp Rees- Stealy professional billing services. The PFS-CCD Accounts Receivable Follow up team works with insurance companies and patients to resolve matters dealing patients accounts. The team reconciles accounts for government and non-government insurance programs; in order to create the best outcome for all involved in patient care.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Account Analyst II