Account Management Executive - Sales - Tech Way - Day - Full Time
- Tech Way
Shift Start Time:8 AM
Shift End Time:5 PM
Additional Shift Information:Some early or late days and weekends.
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$30.164 - $37.705 - $45.246
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
Interacts with brokers, general agents, and employer group representatives to show and sell group market products, manage all enrollment and installation activities. This position requires field time to attract new prospects and meet new brokers in the community. Interfaces, troubleshoots, and problem solves interdepartmentally as well as with other Sharp HealthCare entities.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year experience in sales and/or account management support.
- Driver's License - CA Department of Motor Vehicles -REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.
- Experience with benefits, health plan(s), and/or insurance.
- Accident and Health Agent License, California - California Department of Insurance -PREFERRED
Other Qualification Requirements
- Utilizes reliable transportation and possesses adequate personal insurance coverage. Demonstrates clean driving record in accordance with requirements of the employer DMV pull notice program and Sharp HealthCare Driver Guidelines. Obtain Accident and Health Agent License within first 90 days of hire. The department is required to track and maintain this license.
- Completes other duties as assigned
Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned. These may include, but are not limited to, work groups, proposals, audits and back-up support for other departments.
- Establishes and maintains broker and general agency relationships
Meets retention and sales goals through assigned customer book of business management.
Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with customers and brokers to retain and grow commercial business.
Efficiently and effectively solves customer and broker issues.
Maintains proactive activity standards to successfully manage customer and broker relationships for in-force groups.
Plans and organizes enrollment meetings. Tasks may include but are not limited to oral presentations, collateral development, coordination of enrollment processes, and interfacing with various Sharp Health Plan departments.
Plans and organizes participation in health fairs and promotional events as required.
Suggests product enhancements to increase marketability in the marketplace. Works in conjunction and collaboration with Business Development.
- Maintain administrative responsibilities
Generates and produces monthly sales and business activity reports as required.
Prepares and submits expense reports within established time frames and according to policy and procedures.
Maintains schedule on MS Outlook.
- Maintains process for competitor intelligence and monitoring
Develops and maintains a process for obtaining and providing feedback to Sharp Health Plan and/or external entities regarding the development and implementation of new products, presentation strategies, and proposal materials.
Establishes and maintains current knowledge base of competitor products, strategies, and other sales and services activities that may have an effect on Sharp Health Plan sales activities.
- Provides internal and external customer service
Provides prompt, accurate and excellent services to internal and external customers. Develops solid professional working relationships with various internal departments and units and, as required, vendors, providers, employers, brokers and/or other customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains sound knowledge of managed care (HMO, POS, PPO) and other insurance products, benefits, services, policies, financing, and underwriting procedures. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities with experience in developing and executing task oriented action plans.
- Sound interpersonal skills which allows positive interaction with corporate customers, employee associations, community brokers, and provide group leadership. Advanced computer literacy (i.e., MS Office and other Windows applications).
- Previous mainframe applications experience useful.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Driver's License - CA Department of Motor Vehicles; Life Agent license, California - CA Department of Insurance; Bachelor's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community