ACLS Instructor - Lead
Job ID: 93300 Date posted: January 22, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Cardiac Training
- Clinical Technician Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The ACLS Instructor Lead functions as a leader in all components of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) courses including (but not limited to): primary responsibility for lecture of all required American Heart Association (AHA) class content, initial Mega code demonstration; group control skills; knowledge and facility with all ACLS clinical and medical devices and equipment; setting up and using educational presentation tools; creating, presenting, and leading case-based scenarios, case discussion stations, skills instruction and skills evaluation stations, practice stations, remediation stations, and written examinations; the educational philosophy of the ACLS Program; and relevant policies and procedures for conducting AHA courses.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Instructor card
- Current American Heart Association BLS Instructor card
- Requires current license or certification and current practice in a healthcare occupation where ACLS skills and knowledge are within the provider scope of practice, such as but not limited to registered nurse, respiratory therapist, and paramedic.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in a healthcare occupation or field requiring utilization of ACLS required.
- Current practical experience in performing the skills taught and the ability to communicate the skills to students in a clear and precise manner.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as an American Heart Association ACLS Instructor preferred or ability to successfully complete Sharp’s ACLS Lead Instructor competency program after employment.
- Education and training in a healthcare related position requiring ACLS provider skills, such as but not limited to registered nurse, respiratory therapist, and paramedic.
- Ability to meet shift commitment of a minimum of 3 shifts per month, including one weekend day.
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”