Actuarial Analyst I
Job ID: 106920 Date posted: December 17, 2020
- Sharp HealthPlan
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
- A self-starter who has a knack for implementing order and processes
- Someone who thrives in fast-paced environments with multiple deadlines and deliverables
- An excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Someone who can turn ambiguity into action
- Good at creative problem solving and decision-making
- Someone who possesses an eye for detail
- A team player who can effectively manage up and across an organization
- Good at working with cross-functional teams
If you like, the sound of what it means to be a Sharp Health Plan team member, and you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume along with a brief explanation about why you would be a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sharp Health Plan is the largest, locally-based commercial health plan in San Diego. We are a not-for-profit organization serving the needs of San Diegans since 1992. As a subsidiary of Sharp HealthCare, San Diego’s largest provider of health care services, we not only serve the people of San Diego, we are the people of San Diego.
Through our unique integration with Sharp HealthCare, we connect our members to an award-winning network of hospitals, medical groups and physicians. We offer health insurance options for individuals, families, groups and businesses that combine affordability, choice, high-quality health care and personal service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong PC skills in including Microsoft Excel formula expert
- Data retrieval skills and relational database experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Completion of one-two Society of Actuaries examination
- Previous health benefits actuarial experience
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”