Job ID: 95846 Date posted: May 23, 2019
- Sharp HealthPlan
- Administrative Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
The position will provide confidential and administrative, secretarial support to the Chief Operations Officer and Operations management staff, including but not limited to correspondence, file set-up and maintenance, meeting scheduling and staffing, travel arrangements, calendar management, expense reports and document and report production and distribution. Also provides back-up coverage for Receptionist.
Serves a key role in ensuring that Operations business activities are handled efficiently and effectively, and with appropriate judgment and discretion.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan. With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups and physicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providing unparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value. As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
FT 1.0, 8:00am-5:00pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience of assisting senior level management
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience within a health care environment
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft office programs, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Previous experience with preparation of medical committee minutes.
- Familiarity with health plan organization.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility in job assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills, through both telephone and face-to-face contact. Ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Work independently with minimal direction on projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 80 WPM typing proficiency.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- AA degree
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”